Sports Insights Overview
Sports Insights, a SaaS subscription company, specializes in delivering high value real-time data and analysis for the sports betting market. When we met Sports Insights they were operating without a clear understand of how effective their marketing sites and programs were in driving growth.
Unify all user and viewer data across multiple sites and applications into a central platform to analyze the complete customer journey.
We defined each business question and goals including the metrics needed to measure business performance. Based on these needs, we designed a complete analytics stack using Segment, Kissmetrics, Attribution App and Google Analytics. From there we defined and helped implement the comprehensive analytics schema that would provide the data needed to drive KPIs across the company.
- Leadership team can now study attribution, conversion, churn and LTV
- Introduced cohort analysis to better understand subscriber behaviors
- Imported historic data to produce year over year analysis of all key metrics
- Developed a comprehensive monthly growth and performance report to support internal strategic planning cycles
“I’m confident we never would have achieved the comprehensive data infrastructure and reporting environment we have now without Mammoth Growth.”
– Dave Ferrick, Sports Insights Vice President of Marketing
Pillow Homes, a SaaS subscription company, delivers homeowners a transformational experience through removing the stress and complexity of short term renting. When we met Pillow, they were aggressively looking to market their business through launching a series of highly targeted email and landing page programs to grow a new core product offering.
Resolve technical and process blockers to utilize existing tools like Mixpanel and Marketo to drive growth through all-new targeted launch programs and centralize the data for analysis and optimization.
Working in a cross functional environment with the marketing, data warehouse, product, engineering and leadership teams we designed an analytics data schema to integrate Marketo, Salesforce and Mixpanel data. We then designed a content based marketing engagement program using these tools to bring sales teams highly qualified sales leads.
- All tools audited, validated and set-up to support data driven optimization
- Delivered new product marketing & engagement program to drive growth
- Defined data schema of track events to maximize user engagement analysis
- Analyzed and optimized conversion funnel for new product launch
- Trained internal teams on Identify & Track model for continuous improvement
The team provided us the expertise, guidance and organization we needed to accurately track metrics within our new marketing tools and be prepared to drive growth at Pillow.”
– Sean Conway, Pillow CEO
Kate Somerville Overview
Kate Somerville, an ecommerce company, is a skincare company that produces a line of high-end products that are sold directly on their website as well as through 3rd party retailers.
Being built on Magento, their backend provided detailed sales and sku information in aggregate but, it did not provide a way to tie that information to the customer journey. They were blind to questions like: what sequence of products a customer bought, where did the customer came from originally, or how promotions were driving growth.
After selecting Kissmetrics for analytics, we worked with them to build a custom Magento plugin to handle all future data. We then pulled all the historical product and sales data by customer from Magento and imported it into Kissmetrics. Overnight, Kissmetrics became the new single source of truth.
- Provided retrospective analysis on best and worst performing promotions for driving repeat/return business
- Analyzed product pinch points in the purchase checkout funnel
- Provide insight on the best (and worst) performing campaigns to optimize and redirect current spend
- Conducted analysis for individual product performance across category and by customer to understand user buying behavior
Flow, an SaaS subscription service, provides a single place for teams to chat, discuss tasks and plan projects. When we met Flow, they were on the verge of re-launching their product with a host of new features.They have a stellar engineering and marketing team, but were struggling to answer some of their pressing business questions using their existing analytics tools.
Flow needed to look at their data not only on an individual basis, but also aggregated as a team in a complex user and account relationship structure.
We honed the business questions that were most important for their product marketing and customer acquisition exercises. We then audited their analytics schema and defined a new updated schema filling all existing gaps in their reporting needs. By tracking the right events and properties we were able to conduct critical analysis the business had previously been unable to complete.
After a successful site launched, Flow was poised and confident in their data collection. With high quality and high volume data flowing in we:
- Clearly defined their CAC and segmentation model that properly tracked their team based analytics needs
- Produced an attribution model to track and optimize programs
- Designed reports to track each KPI defined in the discovery phase
- Aggregated key metrics into a central dashboard
- Provided analysis insight and optimization strategies to grow new trial sign-ups
Quimbee, a SaaS subscription company, is the most widely used Law School Study Aid platform. Using Quimbee as a student means joining 65,000 other law students to achieve academic success in law school through access to expert-written case briefs, engaging video lessons, practice exams with model answers, and a massive bank of practice questions.Quimbee sells their service as a subscription with multipole periods and prices, and also has individual product sales that both subscribers and non subscribers can purchase.
Quimbee’s existing tools instrumentation created numerous reporting challenges preventing accurate metrics across their business. Additionally, they were not able to perform cohort reporting, segmentation or any behavior based marketing automation / follow-up mechanisms.
We set out on an aggressive audit process to discover where their existing systems were breaking down. At the root was a flawed analytics integration where data was not being captured or transformed properly. We then defined a ground-up analytics schema and supported the implementation effort through QA and launch. Post launch analysis yielded significant findings driving new subscription structures to drive retention and growth.
- Ran a series of test promotions to drive new gains in add-on sales resulting in the highest single sales day in company history
- Developed subscription incentives that addressed seasonal deactivation rates resulting in higher LTV of installed user base
- Redefined CAC for the organization and after analyzing program performance reallocated marketing budget to the highest performing campaigns
- Analysed user behavior in the app resulting in numerous UI/UX changes to increase user engagement
“SaaS Management is like having a data scientist on staff, except at a fraction of the cost.”
– Matt Sellers, CEO Quimbee
Mast Mobile Overview
Mast Mobile provides modern business customers with the ability to seamlessly aggregate multiple phone numbers (business and personal) to a single mobile phone all through the native dialer.
As Mast was approaching the launch of their v1 product, they wanted to make sure they had the systems they needed to benchmark data for both their marketing initiatives as well as the usage of their product features.
We helped Mast design and implement their marketing infrastructure to utilize Unbounce and Optimizely for testing and refining their core marketing messages. We designed and run a series of test sprints that allowed us to analyze how each message and variant performed.
- Analyzed data to determine highest performing messages to drive conversions
- Optimized paid marketing efforts to focus spend on the most effective programs
- Designed AB test programs & set-up the infrastructure to continuously run tests
“Ryan and his team are first class – they have deep experience and they applied it pragmatically based on rapidly understanding our context and goals. They always provided good insights and pushed us to look two steps ahead.”
– David Messenger, Mast Mobile CEO